: 6071 St. Andrews Road Columbia, SC
(behind the Wendy's)
Over $10,000 total in cash and prizes!!
Please note: Spalding King of the Beach volleyball is the new CVC outdoor
TOURNAMENT BALL OF CHOICE
Registration is not open at this time.
Saturday Men/Women Triples:
- MAA - 1st $1,500 / 2nd $600 per team
- WAA - 1st $1,200 / 2nd $600 per team
- A/BB/B - 1st Merchandise worth $600/$450/$300
- Jr Girls - 16U, 14U and 12U 1st $100 donation.
Sunday Coed Doubles:
- CAA - 1st $600 / 2nd $200 per team
- A/BB/B - 1st Merchandise worth $400/$300/$200
Prizes awarded to places based on number of teams as follows:
- 1-7 teams - 1st Only, 2nd tournament t-shirt
- 8-20 teams - 1st & 2nd
- 21-40 teams - 1st - 4th
- 41+ teams - 1st - 8th
Saturday Men/Women Triples:
- Men's & Women's AA - $105 Prepaid by Wed (before event) - 11PM - $135 after Wed(before event)
- A/BB - $90 Prepaid by Wed(before event) - 11PM - $105 after Wed(before event)
- B / Juniors** - $75 Prepaid by Wed(before event) - 11PM - $90 after Wed(before event)
Sunday Coed Doubles:
- Coed Doubles AA - $70 Prepaid by Wed(before event) - 11PM - $80 after Wed(before event)
- A/BB Coed Divisions - $60 Prepaid by Wed(before event) - 11PM - $70 after Wed(before event)
- B Coed Divisions - $50 Prepaid by Wed(before event) - 11PM - $60 after Wed(before event)
Columbia Volleyball Club (CVC) will donate $1 from each Saturday player to Special Olympics
Columbia Volleyball Club (CVC) members can deduct $4 each on PREPAID entry
8 AM Check-In (Both Days)
Print & complete your team's Waiver Form
This will save time at the registration table.
CVC Waiver Form (PDF Format) -- ALL PLAYERS MUST SIGN THIS!
You will need Adobe Acrobat reader to view this tournament entry form. If you do not have it currently installed, you can select the Get Acrobat Reader button to install this directly from the Adobe website.
The first letter in our division acronyms will indicate gender. For example: M= Men's, W= Women's, C= Coed. The second (and third) indicate the skill level. See below for descriptions of skill levels for each division.
- “Open” or “AA” Division -- Elite Tournament Veteran. Consistently demonstrates excellent over-all skill and able to consistently execute advanced volleyball strategy.
- “A” Advanced Division -- Advanced Division-- Very Experienced. Consistently demonstrates great basic skills and ball placement/control.
- “BB” Intermediate Division -- Knows the outdoor game, intermittently demonstrates growth or strength in one or more basic skills.
- “B” Division -- Fairly new to the game or only intermittently demonstrates fair-good skill level.
- “WJ” Girls Junior's Division-- Based on age as follows:Girls ages 12-17. Pool play set up: 17Under Club, 15Under Club and 14Under Club.
Sandbagging is defined as a player who enters into a division below his or her ability or “a person who would beat up their little sister and brag to friends about it.” The player with the highest skill level determines a team´s level of play. Pool Monitors will not consider excuses like, “We have never played together before” or “I recently had surgery or injury” valid for playing in lower divisions, if it doesn´t actually diminish your ability to play your legitimate division. If you are found to be guilty of “sandbagging” by your pool monitor after start of games, you can continue on in pool play but you MUST forfeit playoffs. Complaints regarding sandbaggers should be reported to your division Pool Monitor.
If you are not sure which division your team is best suited, or ask your pool monitor prior to start of games.
Sandbaggers go against the principles of CVC.
**Please be advised**
CVC will now be enforcing our NO SANDBAGGING policy.
One of the most commons complaints we get from our participants is the fact that sandbagging is becoming more blatantly obvious at our tournaments. Teams are now using the excuse that they're “only playing down because everyone else is.” this is not a legitimate excuse!
If the CVC pool monitor for you division determines your team is obviously sandbagging, your team can only continue in pool play, but you MUST forfeit the playoffs- nonrefundable.
These guidelines below are what we will be using to help us make this determination for each team:
Women´s & Men´s Triples (Saturday)
- Team Consists of 3AA players should play AA.
- Team Consists of 2AA + 1A players should play AA.
- Team Consists of 1AA + 2A players should play A.
- Team Consists of 3A players should play A.
- Team Consists of 2A + 1BB players should play A.
- Team Consists of 1A + 2BB players should play BB.
- Team Consists of 3BB players should play BB.
- Team Consists of 2BB + 1B players should play BB.
- Team Consists of 1BB + 2B players should play B.
- Team Consists of 3B players should play B.
Coed Doubles (Sunday)
- Team Consists of AA Male + AA Female should play AA.
- Team Consists of AA Male + A Female should play AA.
- Team Consists of A Male + AA Female should play A.
- Team Consists of AA Male + BB Female should play A.
- Team Consists of AA Male = B Female should play A.
- Team Consists of A Male + A Female should play A.
- Team Consists of A Male + BB Female should play A.
- Team Consists of BB Male + AA Female should play A.
- Team Consists of A Male + B Female should play BB.
- Team Consists of BB Male + BB Female should play BB.
- Team Consists of BB Male + A Female should play BB.
- Team Consists of BB Male + B Female should play BB.
- Team Consists of B Male + B Female should play B.
- Team Consists of B Male + BB Female should play B.
- Team Consists of B Male + A Female should play B.
Nothing is set in stone. Our Pool Monitors will do their best to be as fair as possible to that DIVISION as a whole. If you're not sure if you or another team is playing in the correct division, ask BEFORE pool play starts. Once pool play starts, it is too late to change divisions.
The following policy applies to players and spectators:
- Poor conduct, such as repeated arguing about calls, will result in ejection* from the field / tournament
- Verbal harassment and foul language will not be tolerated and will result in ejection* from the field / tournament.
- Offensive words, symbols, etc. on clothing will not be tolerated. If such items are identified, you may be asked to remove them, or leave the field.
- Fighting will NOT be tolerated. If fighting occurs, both parties will be ejected* from the field / tournament. The police may be called to escort the players (or spectators) from the field, if necessary. Return to the field will not be allowed.
- If the violation is severe enough, the violator may be banned from attending any Columbia Volleyball Club event (outdoors and indoors) for a period of up to one year from the date of the event. The time frame of one year is based on Lexington County Aging and Recreation Commission´s policy on the above situations.
- If a player is ejected* and leaves his/her team short-handed, NO SUBSTITUTIONS will be allowed.
**No taunting refs or participants from the Sidelines.
** Sideline heckling or taunting is a serious offence and those found guilty will be ejected from the tournament. Sideline observers may not taunt or coach the referees. If you feel the referee's are being unfair, take it to the Pool Monitor.
**Players that are ejected will forfeit any tournament fees paid.**
- No Pets
- No Glass Containers
- No Cleats - 3/8" Turf Shoe Maximum
- No Driving On Field
- Tournament Ball: Spalding
- Rally Scoring All Divisions
- NO SANDBAGGING!!
Served on 1st come, 1st serve basis!
- Free Gatorade
- Free beer after 4pm (Must be 21 or older - guard will check Id- Up to 2 per adult participant. *Have a designated driver planned.)
- Palmetto Health Orthopedics will have athletic trainers on site to care for athletic injuries and provide immediate care for emergency situations.
- Food Vendor onsite for breakfast and lunch. Major Credit Cards Accepted (at some vendors).
- Ice bags available for sale, for your convenience
- Please be advised: If you leave the field, you are responsible to be back by your teams game start time, or risk forfeit.
- Disclaimer: Come prepared! We will no longer be giving away free water products or pizza for evening playoffs. This was NOT a cost issue. The volunteers “gifting” the pizza to hungry players received way too many complaints, so it just wasn't worth all the trouble.
Outdoor Junior's tournaments are about playing purely for fun. You don't need uniforms, coaches, tryouts, cuts, or parents to get into this game. Just a BFF or two. Guaranteed it'll make you better, quicker, stronger, and more competitive with a 100% playing time.
We had a blast! It was way harder than we thought, but we had so-o-o-o much fun playing triples, playing outside, and playing against our friends
Women's Junior's Division:
MANDATORY PARENT's MEETING @ 8:45 AM Saturday NEAR JUNIORS COURTS!
ANYONE can play in the jrs division at the Crown BUT you must be in the proper age bracket. You must play at the age level of the oldest player on your team.
- 13 & under Club
- 15 & under Club
- 17 & under Club
In outdoor tournaments, there are no substitutions allowed.
Tournament director reserves right to combine divisions, if needed